Monday, May 14, 2018

TEACHER is a work of HEART

Teaching is a commitment to implant knowledge in the minds and hearts of all students. It is so much more than just a job.

"I'm just a teacher.”  How many times have we said it without even realizing how much we are pulling ourselves down?  I am just a teacher so no one has to listen to me.  I am just a teacher so no one will care. I am just a teacher so my ideas don’t have value.  I am just a teacher so what do I know…

But here’s a poem by Stacy Bonino. Saying that you are not just a teacher, you are so much more!

I'm So Much More Than Just A Teacher
by: Stacy Bonino

I am a counselor and psychologist to a problem-filled child,
I am a police officer that controls a child gone wild.
I am a travel agent scheduling our trips for the year,
I am a confidante that wipes a crying child's tear.
I am a banker collecting money for a ton of different things,
I am a librarian showing adventures that a storybook brings.
I am a custodian that has to clean certain messes,
I am a psychic that learns to know all that everybody only guesses.
I am a photographer keeping pictures of a child's yearly growth,
When mother and father are gone for the day, I become both.
I am a doctor that detects when a child is feeling sick,
I am a politician that must know the laws and recognize a trick.
I am party planner for holidays to celebrate with all,
I am a decorator of a room, filling every wall.
I am a news reporter updating our nation's current events,
I am a detective solving small mysteries and ending all suspense.
I am a clown and comedian that make the children laugh,
I am a dietitian assuring they have lunch or from mine I give them half.
When we seem to stray from our values, I become a preacher,
But I'm proud to have to be these people because...
I'm proud to say, "I am a teacher!"

So yes, you may just be a teacher but think of what you are to all of those kids that you teach.  Think of what you can be.  And then think of what they will do knowing you were their teacher.  So the next time you find yourself saying you are just a teacher, wear that title with pride.  You are just a teacher, but teachers change the world.





17 comments:

  1. teachers change the world. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. We need to believe in ourselves first. Only by believeing in our own capability, can we lead our beloved students towards greater world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacher? I prefer Educational Rockstar. HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for reminding us.. wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good teacher is a determined person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. be an inspiration to others miss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
    be a good teacher someday ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Padayun lng sa imong mga panganduy be. Kaya nimo nah. laban lng!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a teacher, you’re the most important part of a young student’s life.
    Be a good teacher someday Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if there’s anyone who is in a position to bring positive change into the world every day, it’s a teacher. Go Teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. truly, teachers are the catalyst of change

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you write this article? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete

Movie Review

"The secret in education lies in respecting the students" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson FREEDOM WRITERS  Directed by: Richa...